Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Emotional Gamut

The morning came much too soon today. I know I'm getting old(er), but man, those bunks will be the death of me. Or maybe it's the chips and Snickers at midnight. I figure I'm at a teen event, so "when in Rome," right?

Everyone is good and tired today; it's past the half-way mark in the weekend. Spirits are being broken and lives transformed. The Spirit is hitting home runs through the words of the speakers. The small groups, based on the teens' spiritual gifts, have made the lessons personal. Lauren, from Metro Church of Christ, gladly tromped off to her group of "Mission-Minded" peers cheering that it was her "favorite part of the day".

I wish each person who knows and loves FaithQuest could be teleported here for a worship session (that would be my superhero talent if I got to choose). I have been transported to the throne room of God through song and prayer over and over again. It is easy to envision the angelic beings in and amongst and above us, joining in with praise to the Creator.
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard

Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depths of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you

2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Kristi, thanks for writing about your experience. I do miss being a part of this. it also gives me a tool to use and ask Nate questions!

J. B. said...

I wish you had that super power too.